1 min read
Posted on 01.01.07
  • 1 min read
  • Posted on 01.01.07

Happy New Year, everyone.

Hank Aaron described successful hitting as 80 percent "guessing what the pitcher is going to throw." He attributed the other 20 percent to "execution." During his Hall of Fame career, Aaron had 3,771 hits, 755 of them home runs.

10 Predictions for 2007:

  • Plans for both the Gateway Mall and the Riverfront are finalized
  • Violent crime drops
  • The City’s population continues to rise, including an increase in north St. Louis
  • A citywide Wi-Fi network goes live
  • A new high-rise office building breaks ground downtown
  • Construction begins on the 14th Street Mall
  • Lambert Airport undergoes a major renovation
  • Cherokee Street draws more pedestrians and diners than Euclid on at least one Friday night
  • Amy and Amrit Gill bring their record of success downtown
  • The Zoo-Museum District announces an expansion


    Review the 10 Predictions for 2006 here.

  •